1.Phoenix Market City - Situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, it is one of the best and biggest shopping malls founded by renowned and well-known Phoenix Mills Limited. Started in 2013, the mall boasts and features Chennai's first IMAX theatre that is a 11 screen multiplex known as Luxe Cinemas from SPI Cinemas and an interactive and amazing gaming zone ‘IPlay' blended with environmental effects like smoke, snow, thunderstorm and bubble along with the seat movement being synchronized with the movie. Adding to this, it has been housed with many reputed and branded national and international stores including Manchester United, Lifestyle, Allen Solly, Pantaloons, Steve Madden, Globus, Aldo, Adidas and many others. There are many electronic stores available in the mall covering Reliance Digital, Access, Poorvika and Croma. Even people can enjoy the large variety of food and cuisine available including many outlets and joints like Dominos, KFC, Moti Mahal Deluxe, Arabian Hut, Fruit Punch, Kailash Parbat, China Wall, Wow Momo, Kwality Walls etc. The mall has been developed and poised to make a mark and niche in the emerging and popular Indian real estate domain. At present, it has become the prototype for design and development of both entertainment as well as shopping hubs all over the country. Spread in an area of about 1.5 million square feet of space, the mall is equipped with modern and state-of-art facilities preferred by people of the city and visited by many for shopping, fun, relaxation, outing, food, entertainment, fitness, and spending quality time with friends and loved ones.
2. Express Avenue is placed at second position among the top 10 best shopping malls of Chennai. For the entertainment of kids mall has PIX 5D Movies, Kids Play Zone, and Gaming Zone. Mall has outlets of top brands like Footwear, Automobiles, Fitness, Handicrafts, Saloon & Spa. Express Avenue is located at Whites Road, Royapettah in Chennai and has easy accessibility from local transport. This mall is spread over an area of 900,000 sq ft and has more than 200+ stores. Besides shopping, Mall has amazing eight screen multiplex where user can enjoy latest Bollywood’s movies. Overall the mall has 26 lifts, 34 escalators and 4 travelators. It has three level basement parking that can accommodate 1500 cars in one slot. Mall has huge Food Court that has 25 counters and spread over an area of 50,000 sq. ft where you can enjoy North Indian, South Indian, and Italian food.
Address: 49/50L, Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai
3. Spencer Plaza : Spencer Plaza is placed at third place. It is located on Anna Salai in Chennai and good connectivity from local transport. It was started in 1985 and is the oldest & biggest shopping mall of Chennai.
Mall has 8-storey shopping-cum-office complex spread over an area of 600,000 sq ft and has 400,000 sq ft of office units. Ground, first and second floors has shopping ioutlets where you can buy latest designer products and fourth & seventh floors has office space. Mall has double basement parking that can accommodate thousands of cars.
Overall Mall has 700 shops and more than 22,000 people visit the plaza every day. Some of the prominent brands available in the shopping mall are Levi’s, Citibank, Timex Watch, HSBC, Bata, Titan, Nike, Pantaloons, American Express, Van Heusen, and more.
Address: 769, Anna Salai, Chennai
4. Chennai Citi Centre is of the famous shopping malls in India that has outlets of all the international brands. Mall is located in Mylapore and was started on March 3, 2006. Some of the brands available in Chennai Citi Center are Arabian Hut, Combo Express, Bread House, Planet Fashion, KFC, Dude Thamiza, and more. It has huge parking space with the parking capacity of 500 cars. The retail area is spread over 10,925 Sq. Mt. and has five floors.
It is one of the best and popular shopping and entertainment destination located in Chennai. Reckoned as the world class family fun and leisure place, it has been opened in year 2006. Based at the centre of the city, it has been spread in a large area of about 4,00,000 square feet space proffering one of the comprehensive range of options for consumers visiting from all over. Out of the whole space, its 1, 00,000 square feet space is dedicated and known all over as a family mall providing a large array of fully fledged dining, shopping and entertainment options. The interesting part of this mall is that it is nearby other major attractions of the city including Marina beach, Santhome Basillica church, Kapaleeswarar temples and others. A perfect spot for all locals and visitors, the mall is been organizing events as well as activities for people from time to time. Moreover, its summer shopping carnival is extremely acknowledged and popular among people and one can look for almost everything at pretty decent pricing under a single roof. Also, it has been providing lots of options related to entertainment like fashion shows, live music band, and many other family fun weekends and activities. Housed with national and international brands, it has been providing shoppers lots of things and products to look for. So, if you are in the city make it a point to visit this mall for sure. Make the best out of the mall that is been located in Mylapore Chennai.
Address: No.10 & 11, Dr.Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Near Kalyani Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004 | Opened: March 3, 2006 | Phone: 044 2847 7666
Address: #152, Purasaiwakkam High Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600010 | Opened: 2003 | Phone: 044 3024 4477
6. Fountain Plaza is a one stop shopping destination from where customers can buy garments to electronics to kitchen-ware to footwear. Some of the best brands available in Fountain Plaza are Haute Designs, Kut of Klass, V2, and Eve’s Park.
It is one of the most visited and popular malls of Chennai, India. Located at Pantheon road, Egmore in Chennai, it is an average sized shopping mall and has become with time a perfect place for students and young generation to hang out, spend quality time with each other and have fun. Perfect for spending your leisure time and relax, there is a limited parking space available in the mall. Open from 9 AM to 8 PM, if you are looking for some budgeted and affordable shops, it is the one stop mall for you. Having several stores for clothing, jewellery, shoes and more, many deals and offers are by now and then available on such fronts. All things are not only available at affordable pricing but also are of high quality. Including this, there are leading and reckoned brands also there in the mall like Thofah, Haute designs, Trinity connections etc. Moreover, the mall has a supermarket that keeps all day to day use stuff. In addition, it has a pioneering spa and massage centre, a great place visited on a large scale by people and locals to relax and have some peaceful time out of their hectic schedule. There are many food joints and eatery joints available to try different cuisines and beverages including juice shops, coffee shops, chat and sandwich shops and more. Reckoned in all an ideal place where you can get almost everything, the most popular shops cover Ajnabee for chat and Rock famous for its appealing tattoos. Mostly visited by young generation to hang and chill out, it is one of oldest malls of the city in India.
Address : No 97 - 345 Opposite To Co-Optex Pantheon Road Ethiraj Salai Chennai – 600008 | State : Tamil Nadu | Phone: 91-044-42145648
7. Ampa Skywalk Mall (www.ampaskywalk.com/) is a well known shopping mall of Chennai, established in 2009. It is spread over an area of 3 acre plot and has 3 stories that consist of retail space, food court, gaming zone, PVR multiplex. It has eight levels of parking space where visitors can park their car and two wheelers.
It is counted as one of the most renowned and famous malls located in Chennai, India. Backed with individual three floors of retail space, it has many outlets for reckoned and popular brands, a gaming zone, a huge food court and a 7 screen multiplex. Situated at the junction of Nelson Manikkam road and Poonamallee high road, it is spread in a wide area of 3 acre plot. At the inauguration day, about 22 shops were opened and at present with many more than that opening up in phases. A 25m skywalk is there connecting the ticket boxes with the theatres and the food court is renowned by the name F3 that has a broad capacity of about 650 persons at a time. A 10,000 square feet area is built and available for gaming zone area along with a 20 room boutique hotel that has been operated by well known and prominent Auromatrix hotels. Adding to this, the shopping mall has a huge parking space of about eight level parking that can accommodate about 1,000 two wheelers and 1,000 cars. A perfect mall to shop, to dine and to entertain and to spend some really good time with friends and loved ones, it is regarded as the dream destination for people and locals of the city to avail one of the best shopping and entertainment experience. Popularly known all around as the ‘Mall for All', the mall assures a fully fledged shopper's experience. Located at Aminjikarai in Chennai, most of the people prefer to visit there as it is not only designed in an intricate and fabulous way but also due to the large array of options and choices available there. No matter, whether it is related to clothing, shoes, jewellery, hair, spa, massage, kids wear, games, toys, accessories, stationery, antiques, or anything, the mall has the perfect shop to get it from in the mall.
8. Gold Souk Grande Mall (www.agsgroup.in/) is placed at eighth placed in list of top 10 shopping malls of Chennai. It was started in 2012 and has five floors that has shopping outlets of top national and international brands of India. Some of the brands available are Mont Blanc, Tourister, Manyavar, Tag Heuer, Carbon, Woodland and Rado. Also it is a place of prominent Jewellary brands like Gold Souk jewellery, Asmi, Sultan jewellery and BC Sen Jewelers.
9. Alsa mallSituated at Montieth Road, Chennai, India, the list would be incomplete without mentioning about the popular and reckoned Alsa Mall. One of the biggest shopping malls of the city, it has been developed in the early 1980s, and is even considered as the oldest surviving and withstanding malls of Chennai. Visited by many locals, it has been housed with many retail outlets, branded stores, food joints, cafes, and others like Caterpillar Footwears, Art Arcade Handicrafts, Radha Swami Collection Boutique, Pehrawa Boutique, Step Inn Footwear, Fun World Toys, Jaipur Arts and Jewels Jewellery, Health and Clow Cosmetics, Café Coffee Day Restaurant, World of Titan, Sartoria Luggage, Lucknow Creations, Imran Hair Stylists and lot others to enlist here. People used to have fun, enjoy time with their loved ones and friends at this mall and take back great memories to be cherished forever. Adding to this, it is a great shopping destination covering so many outlets and stores offerings items, clothing, footwear, toys, games, accessories and more at good prices. Even some of them offer great discounts and offers on selected items and this is the reason that people love to hang out in this mall, taste different kinds of cuisines, play games, do shopping and have some gala time.
10. Prince plaza is placed last in the list of top 10 shopping malls of Chennai. It is located on Purasawalkam High Road and has easy accessibility and good connectivity. It is a perfect place for shopping and to hang out with family & friends.
It is one of the progressive malls of Chennai, India. Located at Purasawalkam high road, it is convenient and an easy place to reach by the locals as well as surrounding areas. An ideal destination to go out and have some fun with your friends, it has many renowned showrooms and shops related to clocks, apparels, accessories, footwear, gift items, baby care, toys, and more. A must visit place for at least once, many locals of the city used to visit this mall as it provides ample opportunities to get budgeted stuff and of good quality.
Coromandel Plaza – It is another popular and famous shopping mall located at Chennai, India. At this shopping platform, you will get more than 100 stores and leading and branded retail shop fronts under a single roof. Equipped with modern and basic amenities and facilities, the mall lends a world class and superb feel to people visiting from all around and outside the city also. Equipped and well structured with four prominent departmental stores, four screen multiplex, restaurants and more at a single place, it is not only one of the amazing and outstanding malls of India but also assures to serve users and customers unique and pleasant shopping experience. Located at Navalur, Chennai India, it is reckoned as the first one that has been built on the old Mahabalipuram road in the city. Housed with a 1500 seater 4 screen multiplex that has been operated and taken care by AGS Cinemas, the shopping mall has been constructed in an overall area of about 3 lakh square feet. Being a hub of so many things, including hypermarket, electronics store, home store, book store, and food court, the plaza proffers a large variety and choices of shopping and dining at a vast scale. Adding to this, there are so many vanilla stores special and excellent laid out zones attainable in the mall, backed with leisure and fun filled activities including gaming centers and zone, entertainment, beverages and food joints in more than 120 kinds of stores covering more than 50 categories. Moreover, the mall has amazing fashion anchor, spa facility, restaurants, entertainment amenities, multiplexes, coffee joints and world class amenities available. The prime amenities attainable in the mall cover ATMs, baby changing facility, crèche, handicapped toiletries, public phone booth, complimentary drinking water facility, information desk, lost and found desk, wi-fi functionality throughout the mall, wheel chairs, mobile charging units, free baby strollers, foreign exchange desk, VIP parking, car calling facility, reserved handicapped parking, piped music throughout the mall, prayer or namaz area, resting area, drivers toiletries, bag and umbrella park, basement car spa, internet browsing facility, and more.
Bergamo (Shopping mall) – It is another renowned mall of Chennai that has been located at Nungambakkam, India. Based on Khader Nawaz road in Chennai, the mall has been spread in an area of about 40,000 square feet area. Founded and started its operations in year 2012, it is popular all over the city as one of the foremost luxury and branded malls of the entire city and third one of the country. The first store that has been opened in the mall is Louis Vuitton and the build of the mall has been manufactured and designed by reputed and popular DSP architects and KKA Buildtech in a total cost of about Rs 10 Crore. Housed with about 24 stores, each one of them is based in an about 1600 square feet area to 2000 square feet area. Named after the leading and most renowned Italian city, the architecture has been influenced as per the classical Italian architecture. Vastly been visited by people of the city as well as outside and surrounding areas, it is a must visit place for sure.
The Forum Vijaya Mall - Located at Vadapalani in Chennai city, this mall is counted as one of the prestigious ones that have been designed by leading and pioneering Prestige group. Spread in a large area of about 6, 36, 000 square feet of retail space, it is a 4 floored mall that is been housed with over 100 shops offering a large array of products suiting and meeting consumer preferences. The mall is distinct and different from others as it is been backed with all Chennai based brands including Haji Ali, RmKV, Ibaco, Viveks and Poppat Jamal. Adding to this, it is been a popular home to an IMAX screen along with SPI Cinema's palazzo multiplex. Moreover, it has a 8 screen multiplex and an extremely fun, entertainment and gaming zone known all around as the Fun City visited by children and kids in a large level. The food court in the mall is huge and most of the food joints have an inclination towards southern cuisines. With around 850 seating capacity, it has several food counters like Moti Mahal Deluxe, Kailash Parbat, Café Coffee Day and more.Ramee Mall - It is one of the best and leading shopping malls of the city. Situated at Anna Salai in Chennai, India, it has been spread in a large area of about 2, 25,000 square feet area. Founded and incepted in year 2012, it has been constructed by well known and pioneering group that is Dubai based Ramee group. Along with this, the mall covers the first three floors of the property. And the remaining 15 floors have been occupied and covered by the reckoned Hyatt Regency Chennai. Being an extremely simple and sober shopping complex of the city, people in large numbers prefer to visit here. Housed with several brands and retail outlets, it has limited chains but renowned ones like Shoppers Stop, Mac, Casio, etc. In addition, it is an ideal hangout destination for young people to spend time with their friends and special ones. A nice place to visit by all family and couples, it has been backed with nice security facilities. Also, the interiors and exteriors of the mall are simply amazing and great. A worth visit destination for sure, the rates of the commodities are available at cost efficient prices. It has been known as the first mall venture of the well known Ramee group and is been featured with several attributes and facilities like frontage on mount road, 200 car parking services, huge built up area, premier and high class residential complexes in the vicinity, integrated to a luxury and popular hotel, and above all in closer proximity to the top notch and best streets of the city.
Chandra Metro Mall - Founded and been constructed by well known CBEL - Chandra Builders Enterprises Limited, it has been incepted in year 1994. Being a leading public service provider, the group has been into development into many real estate projects. The metro mall is been situated at Virugambakkam, Chennai known as one of the speedily and promptly growing areas of the city. The area has been backed with a huge number of multinational and leading giants and players in Telecom, IT and Automobiles. Also, a huge number of medical colleges and engineering are been situated at close vicinity. Spread in a large area of 1.35 acres land area, it is counted as one of the biggest malls of the city. With basement and 4 floors, it has a big food court that in itself spread over a large area of 10,000 square feet area. Adding to this, different floors accommodate multiplex theatres and entertainment options with approximate 1300 seating capacity. 5 screen multiplex assures to render enjoyable and amazing movie watching experience to people. In addition, it is been reckoned and popular as an ideal destination for a family hangout and getaway, doing shopping at Food Bazaar, E zone, Pantaloons and much more brands available here, and enjoy lots of varieties of food and cuisines attainable here. Backed with lots of food joints and eatery stores, it is acknowledged as the first mall in the city offering puzzle parking that is less cumbersome and huge and the most interesting thing is available at extremely nominal prices.
Maya Plaza - It is one of the best shopping complexes of the city. A perfect destination to get imported stuff and products at catchy prices, it is known as one of the famous places to shop for watches and antique stuff. Backed with so many local stores and retail outlets, it is open all days of a week. Providing so many entertainment options for all age groups, it is easily accessible and reachable from everywhere. Situated in the suburbs of the city, it has been backed with prominent brand stores available in the mall and is well known as a perfect shopping and hangout destination for people. The interesting and one of the best features of the mall is that shopping stores and complexes available here are not actually expensive and are reasonable. One can plan for budgeted shopping at this mall.
Last Updated on 8 October 2016